So I’ve been pretty much silent for over a month on here now, and apparently, I shouldn’t have trusted things to happen the way they were supposed to. There was supposed to be a Tuesday Tease post out on Halloween, but that apparently failed, and I don’t see it anywhere, so… I’ll have to get that up yet.
Nerdgasm: As Soon As Possible
October sucked, and I stressed out again because things that I needed to happen in order to get Nerdgasm out on Black Friday weren’t happening. So Nerdgasm being available for purchase on Black Friday didn’t happen. It’s taking longer than I thought it would after I got it back from my beta reader, who isn’t the same beta I had in October. Part of my issue now is that I just can’t brain anymore, and part is because I can’t seem to switch to edit brain like I need to do.
That being said, I’m busting my butt anyway, just to get it done, because I WANT TO GET IT DONE. Also, if I don’t get it done, I have 2 completed drafts that I won’t be able to use, and I might as well just stop writing the one I’m writing right now (which would be novel #4 in the series for me).
Unleashed: Fall 2018
Well… formerly titled Unleashed. That doesn’t fit the story anymore. Now it’s Finders, Keepers. The story changed a fair amount from what I’d originally thought it would be, and now it’s more about Cam and his soul than it was before, as well as his relationship with Cora. I have a complete draft sitting in my big Hearth and Forge folder that needs some major revisions before I can even think about sharing it with my beta readers. But I need to get through getting Nerdgasm out before I worry about this.
Trouble Makers: Summer 2019
The guys are still hanging out, but I need to get Finders, Keepers done first. This also needs
some a lot of revisions.
Balancing Act: Fall 2020
That’s the Shaylie/Loki book in this series. I don’t have a draft for this yet, but I do have ideas. At this point, the first draft isn’t mission critical because it’s not coming out for another 3 years. I’m just not worried about it right now.
Heart and Soul: Spring/Summer 2021
Cora and Cam have heart and soul, and both deserve a little love. Just not with each other. They wish everyone else could get that through their thick skulls, but they act too much like a couple. Their cats even have sleep-overs on occasion. But they don’t love each other like that. So this story is about them finding their loves.
- Zaniel Tate is a social worker who lost his pregnant wife and their unborn daughter to tragedy (I’m still trying to figure that bit out) and is now single dad to a 5yo boy named Noah. He’s done a few panels and guest lectures at Ashville University, and Cora’s got a crush on him.
- Nurse Vikaras (I’m still not sure if this is her first name or her last name…) is a bit more tight-lipped about herself, and I’ve been writing all the scenes with her in them… twice. Once from her point of view and once from Cam’s, just so I can get to know her a little bit better. She’s hard to read, and I don’t know her angle just yet, only that she’s a great-great-granddaughter of Zeus. (Seriously, the god can’t keep it in his toga.) She thinks her dad is nuts for believing they’re descendants of some kind of mystic people. She also kinda believes him. And Cam gives her some serious creepy vibes. Theirs is a bit more tumultuous a relationship than Cora and Zani’s (pronounce zaney, doesn’t rhyme with Danny…) is.
November Was Crazy:
- November was NaNoWriMo, and I hit… what did I hit… Oh. Right. 76,041. Most of that was for what I’d titled Unleashed, and some of that was notes for Unleashed, and some of that was the start of The Thing I’m working on right now, tentatively called Heart and Soul.
- Yes. I finished the draft of an urban fantasy novel, then started a romance novel. They’re both for the Hearth and Forge series.
- I’ll be making some pretty major revisions to that starting as soon as I get through final edits on Nerdgasm and get that out there for you because Finders, Keepers is a 2018 novel. Then in 2019, we’ll have Trouble Makers, 2020 is the Shaylie and Loki romance, and then 2021 is the WIP I’m drafting… sort of now?
- Yes. I’ve been busy.
- I’ve also been dealing with a 7yo who doesn’t want to do his homework (but is still doing just fine) and a 5yo who may not have been as ready for Kindergarten as we thought (and also just made her way through the first migraine of the winter last week and is now on the tail end of — yay!¿ — an ear infection).
- Here, have a tired puppers putting himself to sleep.